In case you don’t know me, I’m a writer/artist/general creative-about-town with a penchant for picking up more side projects than I can put down. A lot of my time is spent freelancing or writing about freelancing, but my list of other projects is long enough that I thought it best to have them all in one spot. Below, you’ll find information on current art & merch availability, podcasts, fiction writing, and more, and on the “writing” page, you’ll find essays and short stories that didn’t quite fit in any of my other writing venues.
The recurring theme throughout all of these projects is people who are often left on the fringes of society trying to find their place in it. I want to create things that actually reflect the worlds and experiences of me and my friends. If you like sass, action, magic in unexpected places, and a little bit of angst, you’ll fit right in.
You might know me from:
Unplaced is a podcast about a woman who wakes up one day to realize she’s invisible and everyone she knows is slowly forgetting about her. Season one is now complete — it’s a great time to catch up before season two starts!
Serendipity City is an actual-play podcast that takes place in a sprawling, dieselpunk metropolis with a magical underworld (in more ways than one). Anarchists fight corrupt companies, shapeshifters fight for turf, dwarves work in the caves underneath the city, and through it all, our intrepid group of questionable heroes just wants to do the job they were hired for.
The Worldslip Trilogy
What would happen if the world of fantasy and folklore collided with our own?
The Worldslip series asks that question. The first book, Keys and Needles, follows Tania – one of the Marked, a much-maligned group with supernatural powers in this alternate world – as she investigates the mysterious disappearances of children and finds herself drawn into a much bigger conflict than she’d ever anticipated. Available in paperback as well as on Kindle, iTunes, and Audible.
(Book two is in the works, so stay tuned!)
Upcoming creative projects
Coming along in varying stages of progress are…
- An urban fantasy Powered by the Apocalypse hack
- A serialized fiction audio drama following the adventures of a queer time-traveling heist crew
- A sequel series to the Worldslip trilogy set in the same universe, following a scrappy supernaturally-inclined PI
- Multiple short stories
- A choose-your-own-adventure text-based mobile game
Other places you may have seen me or my work include:
- The Freelancer Planner (productivity tools for freelancers, originally funded via a successful Kickstarter)
- Portfolio (freelance B2B writing, content marketing, and content strategy)
- Bombchelle blog (mostly freelancing/productivity focused writing)
- Medium (mix of biz-focused & personal/opinion essays)
Want to support these projects? There’s a Patreon for that:
You can send a one-off donation via ko-fi to support my work, or, by becoming a patron, you can get perks like:
- Notes on what’s coming up (example), sneak peeks, and snippets of works in progress
- Behind-the-scenes interviews and commentary with cast/crew/collaborators
- Process posts and videos, outlining how I build worlds and characters and showing my inspiration (Examples: Worldslip Book One (Keys & Needles), DM notes + organization, Mechanics, Metaphors, and Morality: On hacking games for storytelling)
- Playtest versions of games and early access to games when done
- Short stories and flash fiction, whether standalone or featuring the worlds and characters you know and love from other works (Example in-world content: Newspaper Clippings from Serendipity City, example standalone flash fic: Captive)
- Q&A posts answering your questions about the worlds, the characters, my writing process, juggling so many side projects while also running a full-time business or having a day job, or whatever you want!
- In the future: postcards with custom art and exclusive fiction, character sketches, livestreams, and more
Head here to become a patron and get all of the above!